Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A True Love

10 Book That Helped Me Grow Up:

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (my #1 of all time.  How did Betty Smith create a character that was me?!)
Anne of Green Gables
Stuart Little
Nancy Drew (all of them!)
Cherie Ames, Student Nurse
The Yearling
Leaving Home
Hope of Earth
The Cay
Mrs. Mike

10 YA Books I'm So Glad I Discovered:

Twilight (sadly, not the entire series)
Willow
13 Reasons Why
If I Stay
Because I Am Furniture
Boy At War
Locomotion
The Looking Glass Wars
Looking For Alaska
Purple Heart

I look around my house and everywhere there are books.  Books to be read. Books to be remembered.  Nonfiction.  Fiction.  All books. As unique as my family, as my students.  Each as important to who I am.  I love my books.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea to create the lists! Sometimes we just read and read, but to solidify the most meaningful is thoughtful, difficult, impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile as I remember Cherie Ames, Student Nurse. Of course Nancy Drew was there too. Did you know Trixie Belden? Books can sure take me back to when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about books and pondering a post about them earlier today! I need to check out some of the books on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still am excited when I read about people and books. Fun to see what books are important to you, then & now. Thanks too for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lists and your poem and that you write about your love of books. I saw some familiar titles on these lists and am very impressed you were able to pare it down. Maybe you can give me lessons. :)
    By the way, I hope to start one of the ones you loaned me--maybe this evening, but may have to wait until tomorrow. Long day today and am trying to catch up with blog reading/responding before I fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe books make a house a home. So glad your house is filled. Like Ruth, I can't believe you can narrow it down to 10 titles. Wow.

    ReplyDelete