Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poetry

I'm afraid of poetry.  Especially of writing poetry. There, I said it.  I like to love it.  Sometimes I do. When I'm reading it by myself, not trying to "explicate" or worry any buried meaning out of it.  But writing it.  That is so far out of my comfort zone that I can't even see its shadow.  So, why a posting about poetry?  Because my dear friend Ruth has been writing some amazing poetry with song titles from her ipod and I couldn't sit by and not try it...so, here are my lame attempts.  I'm not sure what I even think of them, but I want to try them in my classroom, so I have to try them myself first.  And since I've challenged myself with this blog, I guess they belong here as well.  Be kind. :)

I guess you're right,
here comes good-bye.
You and me,
hanging by a moment.
It happens.

I want you
to want me
for good.
The way I
loved you.
Swept away.

Welcome to the future,
lonely ol' night.
Paranoia in B major.
Blue trail of sorrow.

Keep holdin' on,
you've got a friend.
One piece at a time.

All your life,
roll with the changes.

The one on the right
is on the left,
more love.
Dancing through life.

4 comments:

  1. Your dear friend thinks:
    1. you are brave
    2. your "iPoetry" rocks
    3. she loves the peek at your playlist

    Keep on keepin' on with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem. Very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this and have been wanting to try it myself. i just might. the connection between paranoia and blue trail of sorrow was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Is Abigail Greaser & Tiffany Reith. Your number one fans! This is an amazing poem! Keep writing amazing things like this! We olive juice! (think brandon Shreymeyer)

    ReplyDelete